As Compliance Specialist - Payroll and Benefits you will work as part of a Payroll and Benefits Shared Services group located at our client's head office in Saint John. The group provides payroll and employee benefit services to more than 15,000 affiliated employees and contractors in Canada and the U.S.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring legislative changes and announcements and performing detailed analysis of the impact of any changes
- Providing legislative guidance as needed
- Liaising with the internal tax department on the interpretation and impact of changes
- Ensuring internal payroll practices are compliant with legislative guidelines
- Ensuring the company leverages exemption amounts with provincial payroll taxes
- Processing EI reduction requests
- Researching and communicating tax or taxable benefit implications for specific tax changes
- Summarizing and communicating legislation changes to Payroll/ Benefits teams
- Meeting Workers Compensation regulatory requirements
- Reviewing (audit - sample) key payroll deliverables for consistency and accuracy (payroll register, etc)
As the ideal candidate you are detail oriented, self motivated and have a strong desire to succeed. You have a post secondary education in a related field and 3+ years experience in Payroll and Benefits. A CPM Certification (Certified Payroll Manager) is a must.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Denise Fullerton at (506) 852-8042 or forward your resume via email to email@example.com . All correspondence will remain strictly confidential.